Friday, April 20, 2012

Student Loan Default Solution

Student Loan Default
Those deserving college students who have defaulted on their student loans ($30,000 or more) have a problem. Because of the default their credit rating is so low they can’t get a home mortgage loan.
Very sad but I have a solution.
Give them a home!
Then give them a second free education in a Trade School so they can learn a trade that will allow them to pay off their loan! It wasn’t really their fault that they majored in drinking beer, partying and have an unusable BA in Social Science and don’t have a friend in Government who can get them a job.
After all in, High School they were taught Situational Ethics. They were taught to make decisions based on the situation. If their friends were having fun instead of preparing for the future, so could they!
Because of the care taken to assure they had high self esteem and received a trophy for showing up, they believe they are great and automatically deserving.
Even though I have been “ON MY OWN” since I was fourteen, paid for college by working full time and attendended night school for eight years to earn a degree; and worked two jobs for most of my life; I totally agree with the need to educate future community organizers by providing free college attendance. I will happily send all my retirement money, via Capital Gains tax, to the IRS.
I also have a solution for obtaining any additional funding that may be required.
 Borrow the money from China and then default on the payment. I’m sure they will forgive the loan. They are such nice people who really like us.
I know these young potential saviors of our country are worthy.  Since I will no longer be on my own, I trust that these wonderful future leaders will take care of me. Perhaps I’ll even get a free Volt GM car!
I also hope that the Government and Lending institutions will continue to loan money without requiring collateral or proof that a loan can be repaid. That was sure a hardship for me. Living on a strict budget in order to make payments, instead of going on cruises or to Las Vegas, was a real hardship
I hope that those under thirty who read this recognize Sarcasm.
Signed:  A Member of the Greatest Generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment